Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML Macro in Confluence and image links

Chitra Patil April 13, 2012

I have static html files (javascript was stripped)--they also have a lot of images (with the oroginal path). When I use the macro HTML in a Confluence page and copy the HTML source code within the html macro, I cannot see the image files. I was wondering how to include the images within the HTML page in such a case. The images are present in the page as attachments, but are not picked up by the HTML macro. For example,the html link says "\common\imagename.png", how does the HTML macro handle it? How does it link the image to the attchment in the page? I cannot link the image directly because it is within the html box.

3 answers

0 votes
彭亞文 July 17, 2017

Hi all,

I think I have a similar question, basically I want to create a roadmap on confluence page and when mouse hoover over, one part of the map will be magnified.  I have written the html script, however, I do not know how to include my image (the roadmap) in the html.

The images can not be upload to public as it is confidential, so there is no url to put into html script. Can I purely upload those images to Confluence and get its storage directory put into html script? I know in Pentaho, you can just upload the images into Pentaho and put the image save directory within Pentaho into the html scripts, but not sure if I can do this in Confluence.

Any advice please.

scully52013@gmail.com

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

I wrote Html Include Replace years ago, it handles the inclusion of content from Website X, rewriting of all relative URL's to absolute URL's, also, optional inclusion of referred CSS and Javascript. Obviously some care needs to be taken with the above. Its been on my list of things to publish 'to current' for a long time.

0 votes
Gabrielle Gagnon July 29, 2013

I answered this on your earlier post. You need to use the HTML Include macro to display an HTML page, and if your images are referenced through relative addressing, you need to convert them to absolute addresses. You don't need to strip the Javascript either. It should be able to run.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events