It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

HTML Authoring Tool - ability to edit the raw html

In confleunce is there the ability to view raw html and modify underlying HTML to troubleshoot?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

There is no "underlying html", the data is stored as dhtml and the html the browser gets is mostly generated at run-time.

I'd have a look at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor as I think it's the closest you'll get.

Thanks - that's what I'm looking for

Ash,

If you are in Edit mode, have a look in the top right corner of the editor. There should be a button with this on it: <>

If you click on that you can edit the HTML for that page. This button will only appear if the page has already been saved once.

Also, we're running 4.3.7 and have it installed locally.

Cheers.

Thanks Mick - we're running 5.1.3 and the <> button wasn't appearing, however the add in has fixed this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

6,539 views 5 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you