Google Apps - User Sign in

Jeffrey Wen February 5, 2017

We have an organization of a little over 100 employees.

When I link Google Apps with Confluence, is it possible to only have a subset of Google Apps users be able to sign into Confluence? (Maybe 5-10)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2017

Can't you limit this through the G Suite admin console?

Jeffrey Wen February 5, 2017

I'm not sure. I have not tried linking Google Apps with Confluence yet because I wouldn't suddenly want my entire organization to have access to it (or get a notification about Confluence).

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2017

You just need to create a group in G Suite - then when you connect to G Suite from Confluence, just sync that group. Alternatively, I believe you could use the new SAML SSO support in Cloud and just limit from G Suite the users who can use it.

brad mcgilligan February 14, 2017

Wondering the same thing. I've got about 75 Google apps users, but only about 15 of us use Confluence. I don't want to pay for more Confluence users by integrating, is @Jeffrey Wen's question solved?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events