Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Anonymous View Not Restricting View Access

Tim Patton August 2, 2018

In a single space, anonymous access for view is allowed. Global anonymous view access is not allowed.

We get a warning that "Anonymous users can't view this space because global anonymous 'Use Confluence' permission is currently turned off.

However users without access to this space can still view the space. Our expectation is the global anonymous permissions would override the space permissions as the warning indicates.

We are using Confluence v6.7.2.

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Ries September 23, 2019

I´m not sure if someone is still reading this, but we are having exactly the same issue. @Moses Thomas you are missunderstanding the point im afraid.

The problem is as @Tim Patton described. If you are a logged in user and u give view permission to anonymous inside a single space, for any reason - and i can´t figure out why right now - logged in user who shouldn´t have view permission are able to view the site.

The anonymous functionality works just fine. Users who arent logged in can't see anything. And if anonymous is both disabled in global + space there aren't any issues either. But as soon as you enable view permissions in one Space and you are logged in user without any permission, you are able to view that certain space.

Can some explain if this is intended? If I am missing smth? Or if there is a fix to it?

thank you

cheers

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2018

@Tim PattonYou  will need to  login to  confluence as  confluence administrator  and the go  to  the Admin button  >  general configuration  > global permission >   on  this   window  you  need to  set  global permission   for anonymous user that is   check  can use  in the setting and save it will  be marked with  good  . Then it  will  work.

OR click  the global  permission  link from  the image you  have provided It will  take  you  to  this page .

Best!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events