Getting the "You must signup for OnDemand..." with a Cloud subscription

Juan Porta April 17, 2017

Hello there, 

We're trying to install this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.servicerocket.confluence.salesforce/cloud/support

However, when we do, we get this error:  "You must signup for OnDemand before you can try an OnDemand Marketplace add-on. If you already have an OnDemand account please check that it is linked to your current username"

We have a Cloud subscription. Why are we getting that message? If we click on Subscribe now we get the same error.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2017

Juan, the Atlassian ID that Marketplace has for you is most likely not a contact on the Cloud subscription. You can check https://my.atlassian.com to see if the Cloud subscription is under your account.

I ran into the same issue when I tried the links on the Marketplace page you linked. However, when I installed from my Cloud instance at cog wheel>Add-ons>Find new Add-ons, I was prompted to install the plugin. The steps are on this tab of the Marketplace page.

I look forward to hearing whether you can install the plugin from within the Confluence UI.

Juan Porta April 18, 2017

Thanks for your response, Ann. The problem was that I was not an admin for that instance. The admin tried and it worked. 

Juan Porta April 18, 2017

Nevertheless a better handling of that scenario would be ideal, so as a user I know what's the right thing to do / step to follow.

David Stevenson August 22, 2017

Registered just so I can thank Ann for the above response.  I wasted a good hour trying to find a way to register for ondemand, almost got as far as spinning up a new trial instance of Jira in my increasingly frantic efforts to simply install a free addon.

Terrible user experience.

Sarah Messer October 3, 2017

I've tried my.atlassian.com, but see nothing about a Cloud subscription for my company. Does that mean the subscription is _not_ under my account?  If that's the case, how do I find which admin has control of the company's Cloud account?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

Correct, if you can't see it, then you're not the buyer or named as one of the billing or technical leads.

Two routes - one is asking your admins, and the other is to raise a request with Cloud support - they'll privately be able to give you the names within your organisation.

Sarah Messer October 3, 2017

Thank you

Brittany Dunbar November 30, 2017

Hello,

I am an admin in our cloud instance, and I'm getting this same error. How do I resolve that? Thank you. 

tomstoffer December 14, 2017

Hey, 

I am already admin for my instance as well and getting this error when trying to install draw.io #draw.io

Michael Hemmerich January 3, 2018

Brittany & Tom, try not to install it from the market place, but like Ann said from your JIRA Cloud by Settings>Add-ons>Find new add-ons.

should be like:

YOURCOMPANYNAME.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/upm/marketplace/featured

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events