Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a outofdate error when trying to import my site backup but its not out of date

dylan test August 27, 2020

So basically our server died a while back and im trying to resurrect our old confluence site to the cloud i have the back up xml adn zip file but when i try to upload it i get the error "low_version_error_site_importWe can't import your file because it's from an old server version Please upgrade to Confluence server 5.10 or later."

But when i looked at the export.descriptor.properties file in the backup file it says:

buildNumber=6169
createdByVersionNumber=6.15.6

So it appears that my version is not out of date so im not sure why im getting this error.

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2020

Build and version are very different things.  For example, the build number for Confluence 6.15.6 is 8100.

Your build number is for a very old version of Confluence, and it's one that is too old to create exports that Cloud can read.

The list I've got bookmarked doesn't have build 6169, but it does look like it would be a version between 5.8 and 5.9.

So you will need to upgrade to at least 5.10 in order to create an export file that Cloud can process.  I would recommend a jump to 5.10.9 - it's not a big jump for you so should be quick and harmless (moving beyond, to 6.0+ could be a lot of work), and Cloud can read that version very well in my experience.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events