Getting a confluence page gadget to be used in Jira

Bill Snyder May 1, 2018

Add a Confluence gadget to your Jira application dashboard

To add a Confluence gadget to your Jira dasboard:

1. Go to the dashboard by selecting the Dashboard link in the header.
  2. On the dashboard, Click Add Gadget.
  3. Use the gadget wizard to choose the gadgets you want to add. 

If you don't see any Confluence gadgets in the Jira gadget directory, ask your Jira administrator to add the gadget URLs as follows.

To add a Confluence gadget to your Jira application's gadget directory:

1. In Confluence, go to Help > Available Gadgets and copy the gadget URL for the gadget you want to make available in Jira.
  2. In Jira, go to the dashboard and choose Add Gadget.
  3. Choose Manage Gadgets or Add Gadget to Directory (depending on your Jira application and version) 
  4. Paste in the Confluence gadget URL and choose Add Gadget.

The gadget will now be available from the Jira Gadget Directory.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/gadgets-204047542.html

We then tried this 

Go to Confluence and create a Confluence space.
On the sidebar, click Space tools > Integrations.
Click the Application Links tab.
Click Add Link, then select the server you're using for your space.
Enter the space key and space name, then click Create.

When you're done, make sure to add a project shortcut in the project sidebar, so you can easily link back to your Confluence space from JIRA Software.

In JIRA Software, go to the project sidebar and click Add shortcut.
Enter the web address of your Confluence space.

We did not see "Space Tools"

Please advise. I want to add a confluence page to Project board and then to a wallboard.

Please advise. Thank you in advance

Bill Snyder

3 answers

2 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2018

I understand you created a space but cannot link a Jira project to the space because the  Space Tools option is not visible. If you do not have admin permission on the space the Space Tools menu will not appear, but since you created the space I tend to assume you do have permission.

That menu is a little obscure as it is on the bottom left corner under the sidebar. If the sidebar is collapsed it just appears as a cog wheel:

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 11.39.03 AM.png

I look forward to hearing whetehr the rest of the steps go smoothly.

Thanks,

Ann

Bill Snyder May 4, 2018

Hi Ann,

Our admin went through his channels and this was the response he received:

it's not possible to add a confluence page on Jira's dashboard, 

There's already a feature request A regarding the ability to use "Confluence Gadget" on Jira dashboard, and it's being tracked here:

The gadget this feature request is referring to is this one (that can display a confluence page on a gadget):

Sounds like the documentation needs to be corrected.  If you go 

1. In Confluence, go to Help > Available Gadgets and copy the gadget URL for the gadget you want to make available in Jira. You see Confluence_Gadget.png
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2018

Hi Bill,

The suggestion ticket linked (Display Confluence Plugin in JIRA Dashboard via Gadget) is a suggestion that we add the ability to use Questions for Confluence content as page gadgets in Jira. The Confluence page gadget works fine for me on my Jira dashboard, following the instructions you posted above:

To add a Confluence gadget to your Jira dashboard:

1. Go to the dashboard by selecting the Dashboard link in the header.
  2. On the dashboard, Click Add Gadget.
  3. Use the gadget wizard to choose the gadgets you want to add. 

If you don't see any Confluence gadgets in the Jira gadget directory, ask your Jira administrator to add the gadget URLs as follows.To add a Confluence gadget to your Jira application's gadget directory:

1. In Confluence, go to Help > Available Gadgets and copy the gadget URL for the gadget you want to make available in Jira.
  2. In Jira, go to the dashboard and choose Add Gadget.
  3. Choose Manage Gadgets or Add Gadget to Directory (depending on your Jira application and version) 
  4. Paste in the Confluence gadget URL and choose Add Gadget.

The gadget will now be available from the Jira Gadget Directory.

Here is what the Confluence page gadget looks like on my Jira dashboard.

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 2.52.31 PM.png

If you have trouble with the instructions please let me know at what point the process fails for you so I can clarify.

Thanks,

Ann

Sylvain Leduc March 27, 2024

Hi this is still working with Conf DC 7.19.20 + Jira 9.4.12, great !

1 vote
Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2023

For those searching for a solution for Jira Cloud, here is a new App with a Dashboard Gadget to place an Embedded Confluence Page on any Jira Dashboard

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 21.00.11.png

The best of it: Native formatting is used and most macros and apps work too. Use your favorite Confluence Calendar App and display it on a Jira dashboard. Because why not! ;)

Let us know your feedback!

fariba_peyhani January 22, 2024

Is it free?

Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 23, 2024

Yes, it's free @fariba_peyhani

M Hoogenboom February 26, 2024

Looks great, but main question: Will it stay free?

And if not, what will it cost in the future?

Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
March 11, 2024

Hi @Mariska there might be a paid update for the app in the future. We don't have concrete plans yet, but you can reach out to us for additional information and if it's important for you we can give you some guarantees. 

0 votes
Shirley Cohen May 26, 2020

Does this still works in the new versions? I'm having a problem with these gadgets not working in our Jira Server 8.5. against Confluence 6.13

Václav Durchánek November 21, 2020

We have same problem in JIRA 8.5.3 and Confluence 7.8.3 system error with render

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events