Get a table from confluence page

Flávio Silva March 18, 2021

Hi,

I´m trying to read a table in a Confluence page to later on process it on Power BI.

So far I was able to get a HTML object thru API request and next step would be parsing it with beautiful soup, for instance.

I wonder if I could use 'Table Exporter for Confluence' app for doing it (via request).

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Flávio Silva ,

It seems that the Table Exporter can provide only manual export.

What concerns your case in general, we suggest storing and processing everything in one place - in Confluence.

You can use, for example, the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app to filter your tables, perform calculations, aggregate data and visualize your pivots and reports. The app works not only with manually created tables, but with macro generated tables as well (Jira Issues macro, Page Properties Report, etc.).

So, you'll be able to create fully functioning real-time dashboards based on one or multiple tables right in Confluence. You don't need to switch between different products and keep everything up-to-date.

Here is an example of such case.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events