German data protection policy

Sandra Baur August 17, 2022

Hi all together, 

we are using confluence (with some makros) als Learning Management System or rather as Learning Experience Plattform, so users can learn, interact, discuss and so on. 

Out pilot time ends, everyone want to make it big now. My problem: I need a german policy for the data protection (German: Datenschutzerklärung) I can public on the website. 

Who has dealt with this topic already and perhaps create one? 

Thanks for helping :)

Sandra

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2022

Hello @Sandra Baur , I am not sure if those viewing pages with anon access have the people directory. If would only be exposed to other users. Are you giving people user accounts to do your training, or they are just viewing the pages (i.e. basically web pages)?

IF you are giving them access via user accounts, then you may need them to sign an agreement before gaining access to cover your concerns.

I did find this article for you https://confluence.atlassian.com/gdpr 

Sandra Baur August 23, 2022

Hi Bill, 

yes the users has to login with user accounts. on the home space they have to accept the cookies and agreement. We have already pdpr in use. 

What I search is the prose text for the users, like this https://www.atlassian.com/legal/privacy-policy but in german, under the german law. 

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

Wer spricht Deutsch heutzutage? ;-)

Have you seen this page:

https://www.atlassian.com/de/legal/privacy-policy 

0 votes
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2022

Hi @Sandra Baur , welcome to the community!

If you're looking for the text/content of the privacy policy, that's not really related to Confluence, as Confluence is just another web application. You'll find plenty of templates using the search engine of your choice.

If you're looking for a way to present the content to the users; we have put it on a page in a space open to all users and linked it in the footer to make it accessible to everyone at any time.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Nicolai

Sandra Baur August 18, 2022

Hi Nicolai, 

thanks for your answer. 

All the templates you can find bei goo... are not for plattforms like confluence. In confluence you can search people, write them, get in contact, make comments and likes... all this I would like to use. At the moment we are hiding some things. 

Thought I would find some people with the same problem here

All the best

Sandra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events