Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Shortcuts don't work in Firefox

Stefan November 30, 2021

Dear community,

I am experiencing the issue that general keyboard shortcuts (such as "e" for edit) do not work in Firefox. However, they do work in Edge. Also, which is quite surprising, they do work in Incognito Mode of Firefox. So there seems to be a setting in Firefox's normal mode that prevents the shortcuts. I've tried disabling all plugins - without success.

What other Firefox setting might hinder the shortcuts from working?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Stefan welcome to the Atlassian community.

If I'm in your shoes, I would check with Firefox support team. Because, I have never seen Tool's shortcuts not working in a specific browser nor Atlassian has specific documentation on the browsers.

Stefan November 30, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam

Well, the Firefox team could probably not reproduce my issue, as they do not know Confluence in detail. That's why I am placing the issue here.

I've actually figured out some more stuff: The problem seems to be somehow related to mouse clicks. Once I hit CTRL + R on my keyboard, all shortcuts immediately start to work. However, whenever I click somewhere in Confluence with my mouse, they do not work anymore.

So it seems that my Confluence is being confused by mouse clicks ;-)

Maybe someone else does have an idea how to fix this?

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events