Gather spaces

atla atla September 3, 2014

Hello,

I'm going to organize confluence differently for each department of my company. And I'm wondering, for ergonomic reasons, if it's possible to gather spaces in different groups (each department in my case).

And if it's not possible, how can I do to organize spaces ? Because there gonna be a lot of them.

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2014

Hi there,

Thanks for your clarification. The only way to change your dashboard is to modify it which describe on our documentation here. The problem here is, you can't set Confluence to render a specific categories for users that logging in according to their group membership or username.

However, you might be able to create a label with their group/department name. So, when user see the space categories, they should know which categories they should click to reveal the set of spaces relevant for them.

Hope it help.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra 

0 votes
atla atla September 7, 2014

Thank you. But I'm wondering if it's possible to do this for the "site spaces" of the dashboard for the users to find easily their spaces, not only to see the recent activity of the one they are interested in. More clearly, I would like a list of the spaces, organized according to their group. (As the "Favorites spaces" in the dashboard separate some spaces from the others).

I'm sorry if I'm communicating badly.

Cheers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2014

That's what "Space Categories" are for.

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2014

Hi there,

Just want to confirm that you can indeed categorise spaces using Space Categories. Please refer to our documentation here for detailed information on this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+Labels+to+Categorise+Spaces

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events