Gaining System Admin to Confluence once previous admins have departed

Laura Garrison
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

The previous Sys Admins to our Confluence account have departed. How can I elevate my credentials to sys admin so I can onboard new team members. Right now we have team members that are unable to contribute to confluence workspaces. 

1 answer

1 vote
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2024

Hi @Laura Garrison welcome to the community.  It's my understanding that if your Old Sys Administrator is gone, you should create a Support Ticket and they can assist you.  There are a few options, including temporarily reactivating the previous account so you can do some of this work on your own.

Here's another Community article with more details: Org Administrator information 

Hope that helps.

Laura Garrison
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

Hi Dan. Thank you for the quick reply. Do you have the link where I can place a ticket to change the site-admin? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events