Functionality to support maintaining fresh & relevant content

Nigel Henshaw June 23, 2020

Have searched the community portal but could not find what I was looking for. 

In order to try and keep the page content fresh and relevant, is there any capability or macro available to assist page owners with monitoring the age of the posted content? 

Maybe an email alert sent to owner information about specific content that is greater than x months old. Or a report that quickly highlights the age of content, based on the date it was added to the page. I'm thinking more about content such as links to GDocs, Powerpoints etc. 

Thanks in advance for suggestions. 

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2021

We offer the most popular app in this category, and it does exactly what you described as your use case.

Better Content Archiving for Confluence

It can is tracking the modifications, views of each content separately. Then, if it is not updated for a certain number of days (this condition is configurable with a CQL query, so it is super-flexible), then it changes to the "Expired" status, for example. Statuses, conditions, everything is configurable.

Plus, you can set up periodic notifications that send out emails with the list of expired pages to the authors, last modifiers, individual users or groups (again, configurable!):

notification-email-outdated-cloud.png

Make sure that you give it a free trial!

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2020

Hello Nigel,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

While there is no particular macro that will help with this in Confluence, there's some good advice on the questions below that could help you:

Marketplace also has a few 3rd-party add-ons that may help you with this:

I hope this helps, but do let us know if you have any questions.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events