Free method for letting Confluence 5.1 (installed) users log in with Google Apps credentials?

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

Anyone know a free method for doing this?

I found the commercial AppFusions Google Apps Authenticator add-on.

4 answers

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

Hey Robert, AFAIK ours is the only option out there but is a paid solution. The Crowd support mentioned with google apps works the other way, in that you use Crowd as the authentication for Google Apps.

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2014

This has also been updated per Google's latest and most secure authentication protocol that was updated in Summer 2014. The authenticator was overhauled for this support with additional features (multi-google domain support, group support, latest security).

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2013

Hello Robert, you might be able to achieve so with Shibboleth, both applications are listed as supported within the tool website.

You may want to add this post to the Shibboleth group:

* http://shibboleth.1660669.n2.nabble.com/

0 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013

I don't know of a free method, though Atlassian crowd (paid) comes with a google apps connector. The only free option I can('t) find is to write your own custom authenticator to pass authentication from confluence to google.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events