Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum move

Dave Puttock June 30, 2011

In the old forum it tells me that it will only be live for another week and then the questions will move to this forum. But when I did a search I found loads in the old forum that is not in this one, so obviously this is just a continuation and does not contain the original content. My question is where is the old content going? will it be searchable where it is or will it disappear.

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2011

As per Atalassian, old forums will stay read only for some time and they are not planning to close it down soon. I hope they won't close it down at all but no plans in the near future anyways!

They won't be moving those questions to answers is what I understood, not if they are not asked again here!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2011

At first, Atlassian people asked and answered a number of the very popular and common questions, presumably to pre-load Answers with a body of knowledge to get it started.

I was hoping to see something with a bit more "have you seen this previous question" or improved searches in Answers, because the forums suffered from a significant chunk of "new" questions that had already been answered and a lot of answers were "see this older post" (and the temptation to just say "try the forum search" was very strong at times), but it's not improved.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2011

We've fixed a couple search bugs so far, and we definitely want to continue to improve search. The parent issue for search improvements is ANSWERS-87.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2011

Agree with Nic. People seem to be using this exactly as the old forums. Some users are definitely not clued up for this either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events