Form Mail NG: hardcode subject prefix followed by user entered input

Mike Kastellec April 24, 2013

In the mail-form/mail-input macro, I can see how to hardcode a hidden subject, or precode one that users can edit, or just let users come up with one. What I would like to do is create a form that sends an email with a subject along the lines of "[consistent prefix] <user entered subject>." I know confluence allows configuration of email prefix at the global level but can I do this for only a particular form?

1 answer

0 votes
Hessom Arta [Adaptavist] February 20, 2015

Hi Mike,

Please accept my apologies in the delay in getting back to you - I'd not seen this before. At the moment it is not possible to provide such functionality, although we did consider it for the recent release of Form Mail for Confluence 4.1.

However we have provided some level of flexibility for setting the subject of outgoing mail.

Firstly, you can (as you know) set a hardcoded value that can't be changed. Alternatively, you can allow users to set the subject directly. Both of these methods existed previously and both give you access to (limited) velocity values - so you can automatically add logged in users name and email address.

In the latest Form Mail, we've introduced the ability to create a drop down list that your users can select from which will then set the subject of the outgoing mail. Whilst this doesn't allow you to append user input to 

You can check out the documentation for more information and instructions on setting the subject of outgoing emails using Form Mail for Confluence.

Kind Regards,

Hessom

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events