Forgot Password does not send email - Confluence 3.2.1

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2011

Confluence 3.2.1 with Crowd 2.3.3

Forgot Password does not always send an email to users. No errors showing in log. This is an intermittent issue - some emails are sent, some are not.

No mail in error Queue. Test email works.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2011

I've seen this problem where a company has more than one email assigned to a user, and the primary email is not set up as the email in Confluence or JIRA (and I would assume that its the same in Crowd).

What I mean is this, lets say that at your company you have an email, joe.smith@company.com, but you also have an email, jsmith@company.com. Both emails resolved to your one address. So regardless of what a user types you will get your message. However, if you check your properties in email in your system you will probably find that you have several settings smtp: <email address>, but only one set as SMTP (uppercase). You need to have this one defined as your email in Confluence/JIRA, otherwise it doesn't appear to get to the user.

0 votes
Ben S November 8, 2011

I'm having this problem in Crowd 2.3.1.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events