Forbidden 403 error

zac.vartuli August 23, 2021

We had previously had access to the Customer side of our knowledge base via https://orionplatform.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Now we are getting a 403 error. Has something in Jira/Confluence changed and we need to change some settings? 

I have access to the admin side, just no longer the customer side

1 answer

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

Hi @zac.vartuli Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I hope you are talking about JIRA Service Management here. Can you please verify Service project access setting in Project Settings -> Customer Permissions once ?

Hi Kishan

This was working prior to several weeks ago. Perhaps JIRA Service Management replaced a previous product? I have access to JSM but dont think we have it enabled

Screenshot_6.png

Do you think we need to set this up now?

The Helpdesk is what was previous workingScreenshot_7.png

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

That's correct, from the screenshot it appears that it's Team Managed Jira Service Management project. More details about how to set it up is on this link.

Alexis Courteix October 26, 2021

Hi, I'm having the same issue since last update. Can't access customer portal, "Customer permissions" says that an error occurred, and "Portal settings" says that the project isn't available, may have been deleted or permissions changed when it's clearly not the case.

Is this a known & global issue ? How can I fix it ?

Thanks

Robert Allaway January 11, 2022

@Alexis Courteix, did you ever resolve this issue? We are facing the exact same symptoms as well, and are not sure what is causing it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events