Fixing Confluence page tree

Corinna Führing January 31, 2016

Hy , we want to structure confluence page according to our Work break down structure. But  than we want to fix this order so that nobody can just mess it up. How to do best. Give each parent page a responisble person and onl this person is able to change this page ? Can I fix all the pages as they are and nobody can add something ? But that s not really the goal, since somebody will have to work on the pages and maybe create new one s for a parent page ....

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2016

Confluence has site-, space-, and page-specific permissions. To lock down who can edit a specific page, go to that page, select ••• -> Restrictions, select Restrict editing and add people and/or groups that you want to have edit ability.

In Confluence Cloud, you can also click the open lock icon (image2016-2-1 10:11:7.png), then select Editing restricted from the pull-down menu, and add editors.

Corinna Führing February 1, 2016

thanks a lot. now I have to reorder the pages. I know the reorder button, but how do I do if I want to reorder the sub pages of a page some where else. He is always moving the complete block...not only my sub page....

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2016

I'm afraid there is no way to manipulate pages from different spaces at once. You will have to search out those rogue pages and move them manually.

Corinna Führing February 1, 2016

what does that mean...copy and paste their content ? and than delete the original one..i can not move a subpage from a parent page to another parent page ???

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2016

Of course you can. I'm just saying that you can't move pages in different locations to be under a new parent all at once, but rather, you have to move them individually.

1. Select ••• -> Move
  2. Select Advanced, if necessary
  3. Start typing the new space name in the New space field and select the correct one that autocomplete shows you
  4. Start typing the new parent page that you want to move this page to, and again, select the correct one that autocomplete shows you
    TIP: The top level page in a space defaults to being the name of the space followed by "home" 
Corinna Führing February 2, 2016

ok thanks..and how can I delete a page ??

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2016

••• -> Delete

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events