Fixing Confluence page tree

Hy , we want to structure confluence page according to our Work break down structure. But  than we want to fix this order so that nobody can just mess it up. How to do best. Give each parent page a responisble person and onl this person is able to change this page ? Can I fix all the pages as they are and nobody can add something ? But that s not really the goal, since somebody will have to work on the pages and maybe create new one s for a parent page ....

1 answer

1 accepted

Confluence has site-, space-, and page-specific permissions. To lock down who can edit a specific page, go to that page, select ••• -> Restrictions, select Restrict editing and add people and/or groups that you want to have edit ability.

In Confluence Cloud, you can also click the open lock icon (image2016-2-1 10:11:7.png), then select Editing restricted from the pull-down menu, and add editors.

thanks a lot. now I have to reorder the pages. I know the reorder button, but how do I do if I want to reorder the sub pages of a page some where else. He is always moving the complete block...not only my sub page....

I'm afraid there is no way to manipulate pages from different spaces at once. You will have to search out those rogue pages and move them manually.

what does that mean...copy and paste their content ? and than delete the original one..i can not move a subpage from a parent page to another parent page ???

Of course you can. I'm just saying that you can't move pages in different locations to be under a new parent all at once, but rather, you have to move them individually.

1. Select ••• -> Move
  2. Select Advanced, if necessary
  3. Start typing the new space name in the New space field and select the correct one that autocomplete shows you
  4. Start typing the new parent page that you want to move this page to, and again, select the correct one that autocomplete shows you
    TIP: The top level page in a space defaults to being the name of the space followed by "home" 

ok thanks..and how can I delete a page ??

••• -> Delete

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

378 views 16 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you