Finer control of Confluence Roadmap Macro . . . ?

Troy S August 1, 2017

I would like to show a short term roadmap and the Confluence Roadmap macro looked like a good option to show the timeline of events.

We have some awareness training required by all staff to take. I want to visually show the start and end dates, dates that email reminders will be sent out to all staff.  The training will take two months to complete. 

I tried to add a marker for the start date and end date, but I cannot seem to control or determine what date marker is set.  

I see that I can set the view to Weeks and Months.  I would actually like to set this field to days.  

If the RoadMap macro is not the correct widget to use, is there something else I should be using?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2017

Hi Troy,

There's an open feature request for the Roadmap macro to get as granular as days. Watch/vote on that issue if you'd like to see Atlassian develop it!

As for moving markers around - if you hover over the marker itself or the label for it, the cursor changes to a mover/hand and lets you "click and hold" to drag the marker to where you'd like it to go.

image.png

If you need significantly more detail in a tighter space, something like Gliffy, draw.io, or LucidCharts (a swimlane diagram) might be necessary. It's more complicated to do something like this as an actual diagram, but will give you additional flexibility if you find week view is too "small" with the Roadmap Planner macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events