Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding incoming links

engborg September 11, 2012

Hello,

I have a general question in how/if the following scenario can be accomplished in Confluence.

I have 2 spaces, A and B. Pages in space A have a content-by-label macro that filter out pages in space B. What I want to accomplish is to navigate from space A by clicking on one result from the content-by-label macro to a page in space B. When I end up on the page in space B I would like to have a macro here that lists every page in space A that refers to my space B page. I.e all content-by-label macros in space A that give my space B page as a result.

I want to use content-by-label macros in space A because I do not want to use hard-links in space A to space B pages. This would lead to too much maintenance. (Otherwise I could have just used the "incoming-links" information on the page.)

Do you know if this can be accomplished? Or is there a better approach to achieve this navigating functionality?

In the long run, I probably would like to involve more spaces with pages that refer to each other.

Hoping for a reply.

Regards,

/Tomas

4 answers

0 votes
Andy Abate May 19, 2020

Late to the party, but I was able to make this work with an Including Text filter for the current page's short url in the content-by-label macro. The macro will only return pages which link to the current page using the short url (so you need to be rigorous about only using that one).

It's not clean, and I would rather the tool be built in (Confluence already has incoming links functions, you can see it when you try to delete a page), but this does work.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

Hi Mary,

You should be able to just install the OBR file via the Confluence user interface. Have a look at "Installing by file upload" in the doc at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Installing+Add-ons

Cheers,

Andrew.

Mary Decker April 18, 2013

Thank you, Andrew!

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

Hi Mary,

You should get an OBR file which can be installed the same as a JAR file. This is the direct link to the OBR https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.linking/version/68

Andrew.

Mary Decker April 18, 2013

Thanks Andrew! So, what program should I use to run the obr file?

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2012

Hi Tomas,

Would Customware's Linking Plugin work for what you want to do? It has an {incoming-links} macro which will display links to the page you are viewing. Not sure if it allows you to restrict the links to those from a particular space though.

Andrew.

engborg September 11, 2012

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your comment. I have looked at that plugin, but to my understanding that plugin uses the "incoming links" information on a page. That is, I would need to "hard-link" all my page references for that to work. Which I do not want to do. I want a more generic way to point out pages; for instance by the content-by-label macro.

Mary Decker April 17, 2013

Hi Andrew,

I downloaded the plugin, but I'm not sure how to install it. I get a .key file. What do I do with it? :-P

Thanks,

Mary

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events