Finding incoming links

Hello,

I have a general question in how/if the following scenario can be accomplished in Confluence.

I have 2 spaces, A and B. Pages in space A have a content-by-label macro that filter out pages in space B. What I want to accomplish is to navigate from space A by clicking on one result from the content-by-label macro to a page in space B. When I end up on the page in space B I would like to have a macro here that lists every page in space A that refers to my space B page. I.e all content-by-label macros in space A that give my space B page as a result.

I want to use content-by-label macros in space A because I do not want to use hard-links in space A to space B pages. This would lead to too much maintenance. (Otherwise I could have just used the "incoming-links" information on the page.)

Do you know if this can be accomplished? Or is there a better approach to achieve this navigating functionality?

In the long run, I probably would like to involve more spaces with pages that refer to each other.

Hoping for a reply.

Regards,

/Tomas

3 answers

Hi Tomas,

Would Customware's Linking Plugin work for what you want to do? It has an {incoming-links} macro which will display links to the page you are viewing. Not sure if it allows you to restrict the links to those from a particular space though.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your comment. I have looked at that plugin, but to my understanding that plugin uses the "incoming links" information on a page. That is, I would need to "hard-link" all my page references for that to work. Which I do not want to do. I want a more generic way to point out pages; for instance by the content-by-label macro.

Hi Andrew,

I downloaded the plugin, but I'm not sure how to install it. I get a .key file. What do I do with it? :-P

Thanks,

Mary

Hi Mary,

You should get an OBR file which can be installed the same as a JAR file. This is the direct link to the OBR https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.linking/version/68

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew! So, what program should I use to run the obr file?

Hi Mary,

You should be able to just install the OBR file via the Confluence user interface. Have a look at "Installing by file upload" in the doc at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Installing+Add-ons

Cheers,

Andrew.

Thank you, Andrew!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,522 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you