• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Find and replace text in confluence

How can I replace text in a confluence page? The tutorial refers to the blue toolbar at the top with the search button, but there is no such toolbar anymore?

3 answers

0 votes

Hi @Igor Popov ,

You can find/replace in the upper right corner of the page.TIM截图20190920155130.png

I don't have this button in my confluence cloud, please see my screenshot

http://tinyurl.com/y33qmz8l

Test - MortgageRates Public - Confluence.png

Like David Finnis likes this

@Ollie Guan_携程 Why my user interface is different?

Have you tried using "ctrl + f"?

yep, first thing

@Igor Popov , okay. Because if the ctrl + f is not working, you can try by doing that in the source code of your confluence page. If you can see an "<>" icon in your page, click it and then you can do the find and replace. 

Are you using Confluence Server?? or cloud?image.png

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Oct 21, 2019

Hey, thanks for becoming part of our community, @Igor Popov !

Now, let me try to address your question. You said that that the “search and replace” function is not available for you when using the new editor.

This is correct. In our new editing experience, the find function was removed since it is provided by all browsers that are compatible with Confluence.

The good news is that its return is planned on our Roadmap document. Here, take a look:

This feature request is also reported here:

I encourage you to go into that report to vote and watch it. Voting helps increasing the report visibility and watching will keep you up to date with everything there! Let our teams know how important this is for your environment.

To try and address your question “Why my user interface is different?”, I can show you the following:

Your interface is different due to the fact that you are running the new Confluence editing experience, the Fabric Editor.  

Let us hear your thoughts Igor! Looking forward to your reply.

Hi @Diego 

Thank you for solving the mystery. Chrome doesn't have "search and replace" function by default which means I have to install a third-party extension to compensate for the removed functionality. 

How can I switch to the old editor as I am not happy to use an inferior interface compare to others? This also makes it very confusing when I try to follow how-to guides...

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

383 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you