Find and Replace Function in Confluence?

Richard Lucas October 18, 2012

Hello all,

Is there a Find and Replace function in Confluence like there is in Word?

For example, say if I want to replace every instance "cat" (page titles, within word documents, within txt documents) with the word "dog".

Is this possible?

Thank you very much and I appreciate all the help.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2012

Hi there,

Not possible at the moment I'm affraid. However, I heard that Atlassian devs are looking at implementing that in the near future, and this feature is being track through https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-2522

Make sure you vote for this feature request to increase its visibility.

Hope it helps :)

Richard Lucas October 23, 2012

Thank you very much.

11 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

It's possible now! Took me a while to find it, but there's a magnifying glass at the right of the editor-panel smile

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

Thank you @Vera Henrichs , however the initial question is related to perform a Find / Replace on all pages of a wiki...

Like # people like this
2 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

Did you mean while editing a page or across pages? The 4.x editor covers the first part I think and for the second part see How to automate adding text to Confluence pages

Richard Lucas October 19, 2012

Thanks for the help Bob,

This is across several pages at once. But I need it not only to work for page titles and text within those pages, but also for .docx and .txt documents I have attached within those pages.

Thank you.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events