Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files & Images is not working

cathy.c March 11, 2020

selecting /Files & Images and nothing happens

Is there something needed to unlock this as I notice it is the only one with a yellow border surrounding the icon?

5 answers

0 votes
Raegen Greene October 4, 2022

Hi there!

I was having this same exact issue. Nothing would happen when I clicked the Files/Images icon. After many attempts and reading through here I almost gave up. BUT!!!! I got it to work! I had some updates on my browser... after updating... the icon works again!

0 votes
Ethan June 28, 2022

This seems to be a permissions issue, you need your Atlassian Cloud administrator to grant you attachment permissions, and after refresh you should have the image tab in your bar and be able to use them.

0 votes
Marcus Badu de Brito e Silva February 3, 2022

I've gone through the same issue... After some time looking for a solution I found out that I had created the new document under the "Administration Home" folder.

I created a new document inside the correct folder, copied and pasted all the content. Then adding images started to work.

0 votes
Sam Price December 7, 2021

sorry, not an answer! please see reply stream below.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2020

Hello Cathy,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you join us!

Could you please show me a screenshot of the yellow border you're referring to? I've never seen that before and so I'm not really sure what you're referring to.

When you select Files & Images, this is the window that will pop-up if you are on the new Confluence editor:

CleanShot 2020-03-13 at 14.30.21.png

If you're experiencing anything else, I would recommend that you try another browser, make sure you're using the latest available browser version, and try in Incognito Mode. You may need to disable all add-ons in your browser to prevent them from interacting with your Cloud site.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Shannon

cathy.c March 15, 2020

Hello Shannon,

Thanks for taking a look.

I took a look at my colleagues screen and Yes, it worked just like yours.

But when I click on the attached image, Files & images, nothing happens.

Nothing at all, not warning message not advice, nothing.  It just does nothing.

Confluence Files and Images not working.jpg

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2020

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for providing those details.

The menu you shared above is from when you type / to insert a macro in your browser, correct?

Can you let me know more about the yellow border you're seeing? I don't see one in the image you included, but I think you might be referring to the picture icon next to Files & Images. The yellow rectangle is a picture frame and it's part of the icon. Is this the one you're referring to?

When you click that, it does open a window very similar to the one I shared earlier. If you're not getting that window, then something's wrong with your browser or network. You might be using an add-on or setting that prevents new windows from opening in your browser, for example.

In this case, my previous recommendation should help you to narrow down the issue:

I would recommend that you try another browser, make sure you're using the latest available browser version, and try in Incognito Mode. You may need to disable all add-ons in your browser to prevent them from interacting with your Cloud site.

If you still have trouble, you can ask your IT team or Network Admin and they can help you have a look at your browser locally and determine what might be blocking that window from opening.

As a workaround, can you let me know if dragging and dropping or copying and pasting images onto the page is working?

Regards,

Shannon

murueta May 13, 2020

Hi Shannon, 

I am also experiencing this issue. I've updated chrome, tried incognito mode, and disabled add-ons. Can you please advise? I type / and click Files & Images, and nothing happens. 

murueta May 13, 2020

@Shannon S 

Hi there, I am also experiencing this issue. I've updated chrome, tried cognito mode, and disabled add-ons. Can you please advise? I type / and click Files & Images, and nothing happens. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 14, 2020

Hi @murueta

Have you already brought this to your IT administrator so they can take a look at your local network to see why? 

If so, the next step would be to get it to your Confluence site admin. They can verify that all other users are having the issue, and if so, they can report it to Cloud Support and we can take a look!

Thank you,

Shannon

Martin Dobsik April 27, 2021

I am unable to add images also. Symptoms are the same. Nothing happens after selecting "Files & Images".

kelly.childers August 12, 2021

Happening to me as well, I even tried a different browser. Very annoying!!!! Please fix!!!!

Everyone else seems to be able to insert images without issue.

Sam Price December 7, 2021

Exactly the same issue for me. Tried the suggestions, different browsers, etc but no good. It's almost as though the 'insert image' functionality has been disabled in the Confluence configuration somewhere as there is also no 'image' icon on the header strip either (i.e. between action and link icons).

Doug Fierro February 22, 2022

I see there is no fix after 2 years :(   I hit this same problem, it seems to be browser related and not a admin configuration issue.  If you can edit the page already, you should be able to add an image to it - it is just an edit.   On MacOS 11.6.2, I have this Chrome version running: 97.0.4692.99 

With this OS and browser combination, I encountered the same issue that many others reported in the past- you click the icon to add an image file on a Confluence page, nothing happens at all- no pop-up to browse local files to select.

I switched over to Safari on the same laptop, then the Confluence icon to add a new file or image to my page worked correctly. 

Giovanni Jurado September 5, 2022

2022. I am getting a similar problem. I don't get the macro to open a file (that may have already been uploaded as an attachment, more on that later). I only get the windows Open File dialog. It can still be used but if there is a file already attached to the page that you want to reference, you can´t. And for the life in me, I cannot get a video that has already been attached to a page, referenced in the page (with the respective Video Player, I have to show an Attachments page so people can click on it). 

Any thoughts? i tried other explorers and the same happens, Other people in my organization tried and same results.  Thank you in advance!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events