It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Files & Images is not working

selecting /Files & Images and nothing happens

Is there something needed to unlock this as I notice it is the only one with a yellow border surrounding the icon?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Cathy,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you join us!

Could you please show me a screenshot of the yellow border you're referring to? I've never seen that before and so I'm not really sure what you're referring to.

When you select Files & Images, this is the window that will pop-up if you are on the new Confluence editor:

CleanShot 2020-03-13 at 14.30.21.png

If you're experiencing anything else, I would recommend that you try another browser, make sure you're using the latest available browser version, and try in Incognito Mode. You may need to disable all add-ons in your browser to prevent them from interacting with your Cloud site.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Shannon

Hello Shannon,

Thanks for taking a look.

I took a look at my colleagues screen and Yes, it worked just like yours.

But when I click on the attached image, Files & images, nothing happens.

Nothing at all, not warning message not advice, nothing.  It just does nothing.

Confluence Files and Images not working.jpg

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for providing those details.

The menu you shared above is from when you type / to insert a macro in your browser, correct?

Can you let me know more about the yellow border you're seeing? I don't see one in the image you included, but I think you might be referring to the picture icon next to Files & Images. The yellow rectangle is a picture frame and it's part of the icon. Is this the one you're referring to?

When you click that, it does open a window very similar to the one I shared earlier. If you're not getting that window, then something's wrong with your browser or network. You might be using an add-on or setting that prevents new windows from opening in your browser, for example.

In this case, my previous recommendation should help you to narrow down the issue:

I would recommend that you try another browser, make sure you're using the latest available browser version, and try in Incognito Mode. You may need to disable all add-ons in your browser to prevent them from interacting with your Cloud site.

If you still have trouble, you can ask your IT team or Network Admin and they can help you have a look at your browser locally and determine what might be blocking that window from opening.

As a workaround, can you let me know if dragging and dropping or copying and pasting images onto the page is working?

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon, 

I am also experiencing this issue. I've updated chrome, tried incognito mode, and disabled add-ons. Can you please advise? I type / and click Files & Images, and nothing happens. 

murueta I'm New Here May 13, 2020

@Shannon Spaniol 

Hi there, I am also experiencing this issue. I've updated chrome, tried cognito mode, and disabled add-ons. Can you please advise? I type / and click Files & Images, and nothing happens. 

Hi @murueta

Have you already brought this to your IT administrator so they can take a look at your local network to see why? 

If so, the next step would be to get it to your Confluence site admin. They can verify that all other users are having the issue, and if so, they can report it to Cloud Support and we can take a look!

Thank you,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

5,966 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you