File list type of page - difference between uploading files from the main page vs from edit page

Radha D March 18, 2021

I notice some differences when we try the following in Confluence server:

• On a file list type of page, I am allowed to upload files using the browse for files option below the page
  • However, I also see an edit option on top of the same page. If I click on that and try to upload files using the Insert more content >Files and images, the view is completely different. Further when I click update, the changes made as part of point 1 listed above are completely lost. I do not get to see the browse for files option anymore.
  • Please suggest if these 2 things are meant for different purpose. 
  • Also, yesterday I noticed that if I upload a file on top of a current one, the changes are not reflected. This was true even when I deleted an old file and uploaded a new one. Why this happens only sometimes?

1 answer

0 votes
Brandon Viertel March 18, 2021

They are similar in the sense that they both attach to the page. When in the editor and uploading, it attaches to the page and allows you to insert it as part of the content. When uploading from the Browse for Files, it only attaches to the page and not show as part of the content. 

-Brandon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events