File List and enabling a search box

Daniel Jimenez February 12, 2021

I am uploading PowerPoint presentations and pdf files into my file list.

I want to enable a search box that can find these files using keywords inside these files for a more efficient search. I tried using the Macro Search tool, but unfortunately, it does not bring any result with PowerPoint.

I understand I can add labels whenever I upload a file, but since I manage hundreds of files, it looks impossible for me to do that.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

Hi @Daniel Jimenez Unfortunately Confluence does not search through attachments.  That means that this functionality is not available in Confluence Cloud.

Daniel Jimenez February 15, 2021

Hi Marc, what would you suggest to to use for this feature that I am looking for?? Thanks for your help

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

@Daniel JimenezA tool depends on your computing environment.  You could use e.g. Google Cloud, Dropbox, or Microsoft Sharepoint to store the files and search through them.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events