Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting confluence doc into excel

minesh patel January 13, 2013

Hello,

I have confluence document that I want to export into excel. Is this possible??
And. how can I do it?

4 answers

1 vote
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

Hmm I don't see how to export a page to excel since the content will not necessaly be on a table.

What's possible is to convert the pages to PDF as you can here.

Also, is possible to export the data to XML and import it to Excel.

Hope it helps!

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2014

If you need more advanced features for tables in Confluence, there are several add-ons which will do much better than copy-pasting data across the two products.

I've built the add-on Play SQL Spreadsheets for Confluence for that purpose. You can manage data next to Confluence pages, then insert, edit and filter it inside of your content, so you can build reports. I've marketed it as enterprise spreadsheets for Confluence.

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2014

Hey guys, we had the same issue for ages. Finally we found a great Chrome extension that can do just that. 

It's called Table Capture and it provides coping to you clipboard the table data for pasting into Excel or Google Spreadsheet. Very comfortable. 

It's not official Confluence or a plugin, but does a great job non the less.

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events