Exporting Specific Parts of a Confluence Space using xmlrpc api.

Alex Wong July 26, 2012

I am currently trying to write a script to do a pdf export of a space and then download the pdf. This space is quite large and it constantly gives me a gateway timed out exception.
When I try to export a smaller space it returns a link just fine. Is there something I can do to extend the timeout time?

Also, we do not want all of the space, is there a way of only selecting what we want to export like the plugin allows us to but using the api?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2012

Did you see this - maybe a little easier?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Providing+PDF+Versions+of+your+Technical+Documentation

Also ScrollWiki PDF Exporter

Though if you have OnDemand, no ScrollWiki option - can't install that.

If this is a big deal (like you are going to be doing documentation like this repeatedly), it might be worth it to move to another hosting option, where you can have ScrollWiki and any plugin at Atlassian Marketplace - yet also have 24x7 no headache Atlassian-skilled support, like you have with OnDemand.

If interested, can explain - email me. ellen@appfusions.com

Best,

Ellen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events