Export to PDF results in a Page Not Found error

dmothersdill
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2018

When trying to export to PDF, instead of downloading the file, Confluence navigates to the file location on the server and, because there is only a PDF in there, displays a 404 error. 

Does anyone know why this is happening? It seems to have happened suddenly as there as never been an issue with saving to PDF before.

1 answer

0 votes
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2018

Hello,

A number of things you can check:

• You can try clearing plug-ins cache by following steps in: How to clear confluence plugins cache .
  • Check if Confluence is starting with a designated user account that has access to confluence home directory, in particularly /temp, in case permissions are set to let's say "confluence" and service is started with root by an accident
  • Try bypassing proxy, as proxy case it might be blocking certain files or requests
  • If your instance is running on Windows, try deleting the "path to file" from URL until you only see a file name, for example if you have "c:/confluence/temp/filename.pdf" or something similar, leave only filename.pdf

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Igor

dmothersdill
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2018

Thanks for you reply. Unfortunately none of these worked.

Should the export to PDF process be redirecting to the folder with the PDF in it? This is what seems to be happening.

FYI, Confluence is running off a Centos server.

Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2018

Hello,

• Have you checked if file location you are redirected to contains generated PDF file?
  • What OS are you using?
  • What is confluence version?
  • What is the URL you are seeing when you get 404?

Export to PDF dies not redirect, it tried to pull generated file, but is blocked by something, so it just throws 404 error and showed URL to file, hence why I wanted you to check proxy and disk permissions as primary culprit.

Regards,

Igor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events