Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to HTML file names

Susan Modlin November 17, 2013

After upgrading from 5.1.3 to 5.3.1, exported HTML files have nu8mbers appended to the file names. How do I get rid of them. This is breaking my help system!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Modlin December 5, 2013

It turns out that although I can strip the numbers out, I still have a whole new set of file names. No one can figure out why my previous version (5.1.3) created the files it did when exporting, so it will have to remain a mystery. At this point, I'm simply rebuilding the entire help system with the new file names.

1 vote
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

Hi Susan,

you could also have a look at our Scroll HTML Exporter.

Scroll HTML Exporter offers multiple options to define the naming of the exported HTML files. Besides it is possible to control the whitespace handling and output of special characters.

Cheers,
Nils

Susan Modlin November 19, 2013

Hi Nils,

I did take your Scroll HTML Exporter plugin for a test drive, but I don't see a way to utilize the heavily customized export layout that we created. So while your plugin allows us to control file naming, it takes away all the goodness, like headers and footers, we've built into our export layouts.

Unless there is something I'm missing...

Thanks,

...Susan

0 votes
Jens Rutschmann _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

Hi Susan,

with Scroll HTML Exporter you can create custom export templates which can be configured to your liking:

• HTML structure in general (headers, footers)
  • Custom images, CSS, javascripts
  • 'static' HTML files to be added to the export (for example legal pages etc.)
  • and so on

Have a look at our template guide: http://www.k15t.com/display/HTML/Creating+a+Template

Cheers,
Jens

0 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2013

Hi Susan,

You're running into a change that was made due to page names with certain characters or patterns breaking the space html export:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-4862

As for removing the numbers, you could probably devise a script that removes the [0-9] values between the preceeding _ and the trailing .html. You'll want to ensure you get a solid regex there so that you don't get false positives from any _ or . in the page titles.

Susan Modlin November 18, 2013

Um, I reviewed the Jira you cited and that doesn't make sense. The Jira says it affects 2.x and 4.x, and was resolved close to 18 months ago. However, I didn't run into the problem until I upgraded from 5.1.3. to 5.3.1. Why did I not see the numbers in exported file names until now? And why did you change from word+word to word-word.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events