It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Export table in a confluence page to excel?

Christoph Richter May 26, 2014

Is it possible to export a table within a page to excel??

13 answers

21 votes
Davin Studer Community Leader Oct 24, 2014

I have created a browser bookmarklet that will allow you to create CSV files from an HTML table. It should work on pretty much any web page ... including Confluence. All you have to do is drag the bookmarklet to your bookmarks toolbar in your browser and then on your Confluence page click the bookmarklet. It will then create a link right before each table on you page that says Export to CSV. If you click that link it will prompt you where to save the CSV file and then you can open it in Excel and do what you want with it.

http://iamdav.in/2014/10/24/bookmarklet-creating-csv-html-table

Jean-Marc Massou Nov 16, 2015

This work like a charm :! Great code !

Davin Studer Community Leader Nov 17, 2015

Glad it helped. :)

Daniel Roberts Dec 31, 2015

This is absolutely beautiful.

Claire Townend Aug 23, 2016

Very helpful, thanks!

Rachel Hyde Jan 24, 2017

This is great. Thank you for sharing it!

Raghu WR Jul 30, 2017

Brilliant,saved hours of manual work. Thanks so much.

Tom Corcoran Aug 18, 2017

Superb

Kate Hanna Oct 14, 2017

That is fantastic. Thanks very much!

Ross Davis Nov 01, 2017

Well done! Exactly what we needed.

Andrew Barakat Apr 12, 2018

This is heroic.

Edgard Sulyma Apr 20, 2018

You sir, are a genius!

Jack Chivers Oct 28, 2018

Dude
I certainly owe you for saving me well over 30 minutes of data entry into excel.
You bloody legend.

Adrian Maftei Nov 14, 2018 • edited

The link provided in the mentioned URL is broken.

Riccardo Fanciulli Jan 07, 2019

The link is broken indeed :-(

Davin Studer Community Leader Jan 07, 2019

My server went down again. It's back up. I've got a monitor on it now, so I should be alerted if it goes down again.  Grr!

Julie Chamberlain Jan 08, 2019

Another fan is born Davin, thanks for the magic bookmarklet!

Gezim Shehu Jan 15, 2019

Wonderful :)

Pallvi Pathania Feb 04, 2019

This is brilliant! Thank you :)

Like Davin Studer likes this
Nancy Stronczek Feb 15, 2019

Thank you so much for this tool.  Someone in my organization thought it was wise to put together a Confluence table with 550 rows and 14 columns.  And I now have to add 2 more columns and update about 30 items.  Needless to say, Confluence is vomiting all over me.  This saved my day!

Davin Studer Community Leader Feb 15, 2019

Lovely! Glad it helped!

Anand Verma I'm New Here May 20, 2019

Thanks very much for helping with this bookmarklet!!

One requirement that I have is to export the contents which has hyperlinks in it. Currently, the exported data doesn't retain any hyperlinks. Is there a way I can export the contents with hyperlinks?

WR,

Anand

Anand Verma I'm New Here May 20, 2019

I downloaded the latest version of Export to CSV and unfortunately its not working as expected.  

1. The exported CSV is somehow not exporting the first row's 5,6,7,8,9 and 10th Cells  from the Heading row. 

2. The last row had a Â  preceding every value in the last row. 

I will be extremely thankful to you if you could fix this and meanwhile share the link of the initial bookmarklet so that I can continue to do my work while you fix it :)

Many Thanks brother!

Anand

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde May 26, 2014

Hi Christoph,

This isn't possible, but you could do the opposite : attach and excell file to the page and use the Microsoft Excel macro to embed it. It will also provide you with a link to edit the embedded document in Excel.

More information can be found here :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+the+Office+Connector

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Shari Barchus May 26, 2014

I usually just export to Word, then in word, do selct tabel/copy table, then go paste the table into a blank excel file.

0 votes
Christoph Richter Jun 01, 2014

I generade some tables with data from databases using the Bob Swift Software - SQL Plugin. Now some users need to download this data within an excel file. So I am afraid Conflunece is not the right tool for our business :-(

0 votes
william mat Aug 29, 2014

@Christoph richter

I am using confluence table export plugin to export data to excel spreadsheets and it works fine. I think this plugin will solve your problem.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.northern.lights.table.export.table-export

Arutkavi Gunasekaran Jul 06, 2017

Hi @William,

The link provide by you is not opening. Can you update it to me. I have facing this issue. So it will better ig you add it here. Thanks

Sandeep Anand Oct 24, 2017

exactly the link is not working.

0 votes
Sokratis Metallidis Nov 25, 2014

@David Stunder

Booklet is cool but it exports the hole table and not the search output of a table.

0 votes

I knew customers who had to synchronize data between Confluence and Excel, and the answer is: Don't.

I've built the add-on Play SQL Spreadsheets for Confluence for that purpose. You can filter, edit, link data in Confluence and make reporting across several pages. I've marketed it as enterprise spreadsheets for Confluence. Hope it helps someone.

0 votes
Sokratis Metallidis Dec 05, 2014

I actually solved my problem by using custom jquery code... im just selecting the table that is available to the dom and exporting it! used this for it https://github.com/kayalshri/tableExport.jquery.plugin smile

0 votes
Judy Katz Jun 06, 2017

Davin's link appears to be broken; I get 502 Bad Gateway regardless of browser. Is there any place else it can be downloaded? I used it before and really liked it...

Davin Studer Community Leader Jun 06, 2017

Hmm. My site is down. I'll have it back up shortly. Thanks.

Judy Katz Jun 07, 2017

Is your site still down? Can't access it this evening, either...

Judy

Davin Studer Community Leader Jun 09, 2017 • edited

It's back now. Sorry it took me so long. Had to rebuild it from backup.

Judy Katz Jun 09, 2017

Got it...thanks very much!

0 votes
Judy Katz Jun 06, 2017

Thank YOU! Glad to hear it is a temporary situation...

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev Jun 06, 2017

If you have Table Filter and Charts add-on, then you can export tables to CSV with Table Filter macro.

Judy Katz Jun 07, 2017

I understand that you need Admin rights to install add-ons, right? I do not and don"t know who does...

Andrey Khaneev Jun 07, 2017

Yes, you need admin rights to install add-ons. So you have to find that person in order to install add-ons.

0 votes
Judy Katz Jun 07, 2017

Is the site still down? Can't access it this evening, either to get Davin's bookmarklet...

Judy

Matthew Day Jul 12, 2018

2018 Jul 09 - This was working for me through April and May, but it isn't working now and hasn't been for a few weeks. Was the only thing that seemed to work easily. 
Seriously Atlassian, this inability to export to CSV is egregious. 

Davin Studer Community Leader Jul 17, 2018

Unfortunately, my blog died and I had to rebuild it from backup. It is back up again.

Matthew Day Jul 18, 2018

Don't know how you do it, but it's simply fantastic! Thanks!!

Samriddhi Pendhari Jan 04, 2019

Hey,

Not able to access the page for the utility, is it still valid?

Thanks

0 votes
Anukrity Jain I'm New Here May 07, 2019

Hi, 

Thanks! This works well.

One issue I am facing is it gets the entire data from a cell without any formatting. If the text in a cell in a multi line text, it removes all the line breaks

Is it possible to retain the format of the data?

Davin Studer Community Leader May 08, 2019

I just made an update to the bookmarklet that attempts to keep the formatting as best it can.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

1,505 views 8 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you