cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export spaces and attachments

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2014

Hi,

It's quite easy to export a complete space to PDF, and this will include the images on the pages and links to e.g. a Word attachment. But is it possible to export all attachments of a space to e.g. a network drive?

Thanks,

Patrick

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the answer. But it seems that the xml export also exports the attachment with the Full Export option (also the html export). That seems to be an easier, less technical way to export attachments. But the result is a zip with all coded filenames. You have to search the xml file to know the attachment title and filetype...

Thanks,

Patrick

0 votes
Jagadish Kurli September 28, 2016

Hi Bob, I want to export the complete space, along with attachments, so that i can import them to another confluence. The one we are using now, confluence server is onsite, but i have admin rights on the space...The version i am using, says this, we are using 5.9.9. Can you suggest me how to export from the UI, want attachements......2016-09-29 11_43_58-Export Space - Hafslund Integration Platform - Embriq Confluence.png

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2014

Yes, using Confluence Command Line Interface. Use runFromAttachmentList for the specific space and combine with getAttachment. Example:

confluence --action runFromAttachmentList --space ABC --common "--action getAttachment --id @pageId@ --file \"temp/@attachment@\" --name \"@attachment@\" "

Jagadish Kurli September 28, 2016

Hi Bob, I want to export the complete space, along with attachments, so that i can import them to another confluence. The one we are using now, confluence server is onsite, but i have admin rights on the space...The version i am using, says this, we are using 5.9.9. Can you suggest me how to export from the UI, want attachements......2016-09-29 11_43_58-Export Space - Hafslund Integration Platform - Embriq Confluence.png

Aron Felberbaum January 2, 2017

Hi Bob,

Were in Confluence do I use this command?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events