Export information about all the pages in a space

Alexander Garkov March 30, 2023

Hello,

I would like to export information about all the pages in a space (GSEP/Confluence). This should include:

• Similar to the information provided in "Page information"
    • Name of the page
    • Creation date
    • Created by (name), not userID
    • Modification date
    • Modified by (name)
  • Similar to the information provided in "Analytics"
    • Date of last visit
    • Optional: # of visits for a period longer than 3 months

What I did/tried so far:

• Exported some pages as XML. In "entities.xml" - I could find the name, created date and last modification date. However the author and the last editor are not visible ([CDATA[....]]). 
  • Manually going to a page and collecting the information.

Question:

Does someone know how could I extract this information automatically? Manually visiting each page is not really an option as there are quite a lot of them, furthermore the last visit will be set to mine, which is not really an usefull information. 

Thanks beforehand!

1 answer

0 votes
Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Alexander Garkov and welcome to the community!

Depending on what do you intend to do after the export you can either:

- Export the whole space by going to Space tools (space administration) > Content Tools > Export. Here you can select what file to generate XML, HTML or PDF. Just be aware that you need the correct permissions for the space to do so.

- Use Confluence API to export all the information needed. Here are some examples how the API can be used:  https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-rest-api-examples/

Hope that helps,
Velizar

Alexander Garkov March 30, 2023

Hello Velizar, 

thanks for the answer. As mention in my previous post, I've already tried exporting the space, but the information is only partially (readily available) there. The intended use is also mention above - extracting the information (see the bullet points) about each page. 

I will try the API.

Best!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events