Export/import all knowledge/ documents from a confluence to another confluence

Martin Laurens December 3, 2019

Hi every one, we created a confluence space to reunited every knowledge of the company. Now, we want to Export/import all knowledge/ documents from a confluence to another confluence

Anyone can help me ? 

Thanks sooo much in advance 

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2019

Hi @Martin Laurens , 

you can export your COnfluence spaces in XML format, and then import them in your new Confluence instance. This documentation explains the steps : https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/export-content-to-word-pdf-html-and-xml-139475.html#ExportContenttoWord,PDF,HTMLandXML-ExportmultiplepagestoHTML,XML,orPDF

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2019

Martin,

You can only perform migrations such as this in one of two ways.

1) Restore the whole of Confluence #1 into Confluence #2.  This will overwrite any data present in Confluence #2. I believe option #1 is not available in Cloud if you have your Confluence connected with a Jira environment.  Check out a link here for more information about the process.

2) Export spaces from Confluence #1, and reimport them space by space into Confluence #2. This takes longer, but it allows you to preserve data from both instances. Check out a guide here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events