Export from Confluence to Salesforce

Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2011

Is there a method available for exporting some pages from Confluence to Salesforce?

Regards,

Kay

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2011

Hi Kay!

CustomWare has a Salesforce plugin for Confluence but that's for viewing information FROM Salesforce WITHIN Confluence.

However, you seem to be asking for a way to export FROM Confluence TO Salesforce.

Confluence pages are pretty much text pages, whlle Salesforce is mostly organised as a database, with in formation in specific fields (eg First name, Last name, Company, Address, etc).

The best you could achieve would be to export Confluence pages as PDFs and add them as Documents within Salesforce. That could be useful for people who don't have a login to the Confluence system, but documents would not be automatically updated when a Confluence page changes.

Can you provide more information about what you're attempting to achieve?

John Rotenstein
Atlassian

Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2012

Hi John,

Thank you for your response. I have some marketing documentation that would be of value in Salesforce. I was looking for a way to export it from Confluence.

Regards,

Kay

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2012

I think John probably needs more than that to go on. What shape is the data in Confluence, and what do you expect it to do in Salesforce? A pdf export is probably the best way if you just want a fixed "Confluence says this" document, but that might not be the case, as "export" usually implies you want something more with your data.

Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2012

The data exists as pages in Confluence. We would like to import that data into a template in Salesforce. The template may have custom fields.

Thank you and regards,

Kay

JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2012

The data exists as pages in Confluence. We would like to import that data into a template in Salesforce. The template may have custom fields.

You're probalby out of luck. Confluence pages typically consist of unorganised text and don't have the concept of "fields". So, it's nto possible to export information into fields within Salesforce unless you have a way of specifically identifying what information on a Confluence page should be mapped to which field in Salesforce.

We'd be able to offer more assistance if you can give specific examples of what you're trying to accomplish (eg show part of a page you're trying to export, and show how you'd like it to appear in Salesforce.)

Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2012

THank you, John. I am unable to give you a more concrete example because it is just a concept at this stage.

Regards,

Kay

0 votes
Monique Khairuliana[ServiceRocket]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2020

Update 17/12/2020:

Hey everyone, I'm happy to announce that the beta version of the app is up on Atlassian Marketplace

Feel free to try the app and let us know what you think of it from the feedback channel!

-----

Hi everyone! Monique from ServiceRocket here, the makers of the Salesforce and Confluence Connector.

Our product does currently only sync from Salesforce down to Confluence, however I am pleased to announce that we have started working on an internal beta product that could export Confluence (Cloud) content into Salesforce. If you're interested, email me at monique.eliza(at)servicerocket.com, and we'll show you a demo of the product!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events