Export does not respond

René Steg November 5, 2012

I am trying to export several pages from Confluence using the Export feature in the Advanced feature (Browse / Advanced).

The export, however, does not respond and keeps hanging, when calculating the export pages (see attachment). The export has worked in the past and we did not upgrade Confluence since. BTW: We are on Confluence 4.2.6

Any idea, what the issue might be?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2012

Hi,

As mentioned in previous comments, you may find additional pointers for the root cause in the log files. My first guess in this case would be the instance running out of memory, but this is just the statistics in my head that make me think so.

If you could monitor the <CONFLUENCE-HOME>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log while you reproduce the issue, you may see additional information.

Another catch could be that your browser cached the content of the page and for some reason the taskbar is not getting updated, so trying it with another browser could lead to a solution, however this is not very likely the cause.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

Does it spike the CPU usage?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

any error on logs?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events