Export and merge Excel files to another page

Klara H June 22, 2017

Hi, since I wanted to create a table which includes formulas I uploaded an Excel file which I can edit on a page (lets call that page "Page 1"). I did the same thing for some other pages ("Page 2" and "Page 3").

What I want to do is to be able to edig page 1-3 separately on different pages but i) connect them all to a new page, "Page 4", and ii) merge them into one Excel file. 

Is this possible?

I appreciate any help I can get! I want to avoid paying for a macro but it seems like CelecteMS Math or Spreatsheet for Confluence could be useful if it isn't possible to do this with Excel files, right?

2 answers

1 vote
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

Hello Clara,

If you need to pull multiple tables (both manually created or generated with the help of the macros outputting tables), you can use the combination of the Table Excerpt Include and Table Transformer macros. Table Excerpt Include provides an ability to pull any tables from child pages, from specific pages, from pages by labels and more. Table Transformer merges all the tables in one.

1. Insert the Table Excerpt macro, set the Excerpt name parameter, and place the tables (or the macros outputting tables) within the macro body on every page.

2019-03-28_18h09_44.png

2. Add the Table Excerpt Include macro on the summary page, specify Excerpt name and select an appropriate Excerpt source.

2019-03-28_18h22_47.png

3. Wrap the Table Excerpt include macro in the Table Transformer macro, use the default presets or custom SQL queries to merge all the tables in one.

2019-03-28_18h11_16.png2019-03-28_18h27_21.png

4. In the Options tab of the Table Transformer macro browser select the option Export to CSV button. The button appears in the page view mode.

options.png

The macros are available only in Server and Data Center versions of the app for now.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2017

You can display the spreadsheets from pages 1 - 3 on page 4 by using the Excerpt Macro and Excerpt Include Macro but merging them into an Excel spreadsheet is not a function Confluence can perform. Confluence doesn't export to Excel or CSV format. 

In addition to the add-ons you mentioned, there is Excellentable Spreadsheet for Confluence. Please let us know which one you like most for your use case, I am sure there are other people with similar requirements.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events