Export an entire hierarchy to Excel?

Martin Bridges December 15, 2019

I have a Confluence space which consists of a hierarchy of pages, each of which contains a table of requirements (all tables the same format). There are a couple of hundred pages, and each table has between 5-20 rows. One of the columns in the tables contains a Status macro.

I've been asked to create a daily report on the statuses. Ideally I'd dump all of the tables into Excel and do the analysis there. However, the thought of copying each table to Excel by hand each time I want to run the report gives me the shudders.

Is there any way of dumping the entire hierarchy into Excel? I'm sure I could write a macro or two to strip out the stuff I don't need.

(And yes, I know it would have been easier to design this in from the start, but this was not a requirement then!)

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2019

Hello Martin,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Is there any way you could use either the Excerpt Macro or the Page Properties Report macro to collect all tables on one page and then work from there? 

Otherwise, you might be able to use something like Table Filter and Charts or some other add-on that would allow you to aggregate your data in one location.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Martin Bridges January 2, 2020

Thanks, but this would still involve me modifying each individual page. I accept that I would only need to do this once, but we have about 250 pages.

I was hoping that I'd be able to extract the contents of the existing pages.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2020

Thanks for looking into that, Martin.

I believe there are a few more users on Community asking similar things, such as:

However, I think that these all suggest the other add-ons and macros as I suggested, but have a look and see if the threads can offer any other insight on how you might populate your pages.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events