Is it possible to get tables in a Confluence page to auto-populate?

Caroline September 25, 2019

I have a page with a table summarising ownership of projects which takes information from various pages on Confluence. Currently it has to be manually edited when there are any updates. Is there a way of setting the table up so that it auto-populates from fields on other pages?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stan Ry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2019

Hi,

Have a look at Table Excerpt and Table Excerpt Include macros. I believe this pair of macros is what you are looking for.

Caroline September 25, 2019

Hi and thanks for your response, I will have a look at those. 

Do you know if those would mean the table would automatically update if the information the table is built from changes?

Stan Ry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2019

@Caroline

Yep, I believe, that's why the are here. I haven't had any practice with these plug-ins, but I have heard some rumor here and there, and so I thouht that might come handy. Please let me know if it worked for you.

Caroline September 26, 2019

I couldn't find those macros but when searching I came across Page Properties and Page Properties Report macros which I did manage to get to do the same thing! Thanks for your help!

Like Stan Ry likes this
Stan Ry
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2019

Hi Caroline, 

Glad to hear you've found the solution. Could you please share your experience with Page Properties Report in more detail here?

AFAIK, the Page Properties Report macro builds a new table based on column names specified in another table on a specific page. In other words, it allows you to gather table cell values for specific columns, not just extract cell values from an arbitrary cell.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events