Export a page to PDF document the format is damaged and text not appear

Wafaa AbdElAlim June 2, 2022

When I export a page from confluence to PDF the document format is damaged and the text that as all document details not appears 

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2022

Hi @Wafaa AbdElAlim 

Can you give us a bit more information?

• Can you open the PDF or is it totally broken?
  • Do you have some special macros in your page that you export or is it just text?
  • Does this problem occurs only for you or for all confluence users?
  • Does this problem occurs on every confluence page or just for some pages?
  • Do you use third party apps for exporting to a PDF or the normal confluence approach?

Thanks in advance. 

Regards, Dominic

Wafaa AbdElAlim June 5, 2022

Thanks for your reply

Firstly I'm begins to use confluence 
I have a user guide word document  that has features texts with screen shots that describing the system and its scenarios  ,I Import this document to the confluence
it is imported correctly with its heading and table of contents I update it with a new features (images and text description) when I try to export it to show how he confluence will map it the format is corrupted and all text description doesn't appearCCS-UG_DED-020622-1129_003.jpgCCS-UG_DED-020622-1129_004.jpgCCS-UG_DED-020622-1129_005.jpg

CCS-UG_DED-020622-1129_006.jpgCCS-UG_DED-020622-1129_002.jpg

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2022

These images are from the PDF or from the confluence? 

Could the language pack be the cause? It seems, that you have some arabic text in the screen shots. perhaps confluence can't deal with the text, but i do not know.

What you could do is to make a ticket at atlassian itself. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Regards, Dominic

Like Wafaa AbdElAlim likes this
Wafaa AbdElAlim June 9, 2022

Thanks Dominic for you reply

Like Dominic Lagger likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL