Export a Confluence page with an embedded Google doc/sheet

SSchoepel September 3, 2019

I can embed Google docs/sheets into a Confluence page and I can export an attachment. BUT I cannot export a page that displays the Google doc/sheet and I cannot export a page with the Google doc/sheet as an attachment. Has anyone successfully done either of these things?

3 answers

0 votes
bci-jibacac
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2022

Hi @SSchoepel 

were you able to find any way to export the content of google docs in PDF? I'm in the same situation...

0 votes
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2019

Hi @SSchoepel

I don't know exactly how you need to link the google docs to your Confluence pages, but if it would be an option for you to attach the files to the relevant Confluence pages (that said, download them from Google Docs, save them locally and upload them), you might want to try our Scroll PDF Exporter.

With version 4.7.0 we've introduced the option to choose whether you want to embed attachments in the exported file. This can be controlled in the Template Settings (either when creating your templates, or on the fly before you start the export).

If this option is activated, attachments that are stored on an exported page, and linked from the content will be embedded in the exported PDF file  (please note that this feature is only supported by Adobe Reader).

Maybe this would help with your use case here. If you have any additional questions regarding this functionality, please let us know via support@k15t.com, or just answer in this thread here :)

Cheers,
Nils

SSchoepel September 5, 2019

We use Scroll Versions and Scroll PDF Exporter. And, yes, I have worked out that we need to attach the file and add a link in the page to it for it to export using PDF Exporter. 

I was hoping for a less complicated solution since that's more than my users will remember to do.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2019

Hello there!

As I understand, you have embedded a Google Doc on your page. The objective is to export the page with Google Doc or export the Google Doc directly. Is that correct?

Since we do not know how you included the documents within your page, we still need some information. Here is a concise list of questions:

1. How are the documents included in your page?
  2. Are you able to access the documents directly instead of via Confluence?
  3. Has this worked at some point?

Also, can you clarify if you are using the following procedure to add a google doc to your page:

Let us hear from you!

SSchoepel September 4, 2019

The goal is to export the page (as a PDF) with the Google file displayed or attached. 

At this point the documents are linked in using a Google file embedding add-in.

We can access the documents directly instead of through Confluence, but they are related to the content in Confluence and need to stay together when we create output (which we need for our records and submissions of our product).

No, this never worked and but we weren't using Google files as much previously so it has recently become an issue.

We are not using those instructions about adding a Google doc. We have a different add on (Google Drive / Docs for Confluence).

Like pporyzala likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events