Export Whiteboard to Print or PDF

Dominik Müller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 5, 2023

Hello,

is there currently a way to export a Whiteboard Project to PDF or print it out?

5 answers

2 accepted

25 votes
Answer accepted
Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2023

Hi @Micheal Daley, Confluence whiteboards PM here! This is something we're keen to add to the product some time in the next couple of months. 

Anna Kochura November 9, 2023

Hello @Christina Ristevski , unfortunately the feedback chat doesn't work...But we also need the export feature for Whiteboards in Confluence :) 

Like # people like this
Jacob Odle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 9, 2023

That is great @Christina Ristevski. I am also interested in being able to export whiteboards. Thank you!

Like # people like this
mennekes-ms November 15, 2023

We need this, too!

Like # people like this
Yochai Maytal November 16, 2023

We're also eager for that feature! 

Like # people like this
Ole_Blytt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 20, 2023

Hi! The white board is really of little use if no opportunity to export. Please add! :)

At least opportunity to export to pdf or print in a proper format would resolve 99% of my needs.

Like # people like this
Michel Valstar November 29, 2023

Same here - I need to export an org chart for our funding round and the only option seems to be to take a screen shot or copy the whole thing into Miro, which is not something I want to do as I want to divest from Miro.

Like # people like this
Vivian Goldinger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 7, 2023

Very disappointing not having the opportunity to export the whiteboard. 

Like # people like this
Andreea Beciu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 9, 2024

any updates on this feature? is almost renders it useless

Like # people like this
Malene Vikkelsø January 25, 2024

@Christina Ristevski, does Atlassian have a public feature request on this, that one could vote and watch to become updated on the process of implementing this feature?

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2024

+1 from me too

Joseph Ybarra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 1, 2024

We need this!! 

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2024

@Christina Ristevski With GA announced are there any updates on this important feature? The Feedback option within Confluence is gone. Are there any other places to give feedback, especially on the new limitations?

Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2024

@Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ Thanks for the question! The team has been heads down focused on getting whiteboards to GA. However, we've heard a tonne of feedback on this feature. Our plan is to start looking into this over the coming weeks. We really appreciate your patience with us while we try to develop a great user experience for our customers 🫶

Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2024

@Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ you can leave feedback via the three dot menu in the top right hand corner of your whiteboard, just select Give feedback.

Sheri Atwood February 20, 2024

We need this too. Even taking a screenshot makes it impossible to read because it does not render the text. Its useless without the ability to either share publically or export to embed in other places. This should be a feature ASAP especially if you are going to start charging.

Like # people like this
Thomas Löschner February 22, 2024

Dear @Christina Ristevski

Any updates on the export of whiteboards so far? This would be a great feature as we really appreciate working with whiteboards in Confluence.

David Holman February 23, 2024

Best solution: Move back to Miro where you probably started ✅

This is another example of Atlassian ignoring the obvious and providing no suitable work around.

In Atlassian speak "working on it" means next to nothing. Case in point, the PM says "keen to add to the product some time in the next couple of months" and here we are four months later with no update.

My heart goes out to Christina and the whole Atlassian product org. Something is clearly broken.

Like # people like this
Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
February 28, 2024

HI @David Holman @Thomas Löschner @Sheri Atwood we're actively working on this feature! You should see it land in the product in the coming weeks. We really appreciate your patience with us as we work to further develop our tool 🙏🏻

Like # people like this
Ka Silveira March 21, 2024

@Christina Ristevski  any news about export option? I need it and don't see here to use.

chillaiur
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 23, 2024

Every diagraming white boarding solution comes with a PDF export feature out of the box for over a decade.  How this was missed is incredible and I was stupid enough to spend hours building a diagram that I now have to redo in miro.  

It would be helpful for the Product team at Atlassian to recognize that this was an obvious feature that would have been required for this to be successful, and it was a big oversight.  I hope the product team learns from such a massive oversight.  

Based on the historical speed at which features like this are implemented, I am guessing I can't cancel miro.

:sigh:

Emily
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 26, 2024

Still waiting for this feature

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2024

Checking in on the status of this feature. 

Christina Ristevski
Atlassian Team
March 27, 2024

Hey folks, we're still working on individual whiteboard exports - hopefully will land over the next month or so!

Like # people like this
David Holman April 9, 2024

😒

Ana Cristina Martins Nemes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 9, 2024

Any news @Christina Ristevski? It's been 7 months since the original question and the answer is still "no".

This is a feature that was supposed to exist since day zero, you shouldn't launch not even a beta version of a whiteboard product without the possibility to export to PDF or image.

Like dwood likes this
Julia Eder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 17, 2024

would also help if there was as option to generate a public link from the whiteboard

Stefan Höltker April 19, 2024

@Christina Ristevski this feature is the only reason we dont migrate from miro to confluence whiteboards.

Like # people like this
Marcel Rossouw April 19, 2024

Sadly there are many other reasons. Can't make small circles (limited to a certain size, cannot rotate text, cannot colour text within a shape and a couple of other limits currently). I'm having to redraw in Miro as we can't export out of confluence white board either :(

Like # people like this
Jordan Yeomans
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 7, 2024

Any updates on this?

Christopher Law
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 14, 2024

Definitely need this feature if we're ever hoping to replace Miro as our main collaboration tool.

Dennis Hansen May 22, 2024

We're very concerned about taking this feature into use without the option of exporting our work/documentation in the future. I hope this will be added shortly so we can take it in use.

Marcel Rossouw May 22, 2024

Unfortunately basic formatting and functionality is non existent in comparison to something like Miro. It is great for basic white boarding, not great yet for more advanced features.

David Holman May 22, 2024

With Miro and FigJam in the picture, it's really a pointless use of resources for Atlassian when they have so many other critical issues to address. There's next to zero hope of them catching up in this space.

8 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2023

Hi @Dominik Müller welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is currently not possible, you can only share the whiteboard via a copy link.

Don't hesitate to click the Actions (...) button and click on the Give feedback link to request this feature.

Dominik Müller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 5, 2023

thank you for your fast Replay @Dave Mathijs ...

i will add the Feedback..

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2023

Thanks to click the green 'Accept answer' button if it helped your question.

Micheal Daley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 19, 2023

@Dave Mathijs 
Are there any plans to include this feature in any future release?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2023

@Micheal Daley No idea, I don't work for Atlassian and there's no indication of it on their Cloud roadmap.

Like Micheal Daley likes this
Micheal Daley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 23, 2023

I understand, thank you for the quick response.

Michel Valstar May 7, 2024

Sharing a copy link is of no use if you want to share a page with a diagram in it externally. This really ought to be fixed, it's such a basic feature.

Like Chantel Klein likes this
3 votes
Emily Ditchfield
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2024

Hi @Dominik Müller! This feature should now be available to you, you can read about some other features we've released/have coming soon here. Let us know if you have any feedback!

Nic Johnson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 30, 2024

🎉

2 votes
Mak Zinovev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 18, 2024

I felt angry initially. But now I accept it. Possibly Atlassian reached a point where feedback re missing major feature will not result in implementing it. 

They will still have a lot of paying customers and revenue stream because for most users it is not worth switching to another product. 

And that's ok.

2 votes
Mak Zinovev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 26, 2024

I guess, soon enough we'll see another paid extension to solve this :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events