Export Confluence page to excel?

I see that it is possible to export a page through word, or through a pdf. What I would like is the ability to export a page to excel. Is this possible in any way?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Not really. A wiki page is generally a large block of unstructured (but formatted) text. How would you translate that into a table? One (variable width) row per line? Per sentence? Skip a line on paragraphs? One column per word? Sentence?

Old thread, but seeking an update from someone...

Using a "Document List" template on a Confluence page, one would think I could export said page to Excel, or at least a CSV file. Yes, I can copy the huge grid and paste it into Excel relatively easily. Just wondering if this integration would be provided for in the future.

User story: I'm tracking reports that need to be converted from technology A to B. I'm doing so on the Confluence page, but I cannot report on the grid because I cannot "quickly" export it to Excel.

It's still the same answer - Excel is not an analogue of an wiki page, the data doesn't translate easily. Any converter would be a huge amount of effort to get right as a generalised too, and there's little reward for most of it

You could write something that suits you reasonably easily, but you won't find an all-purpose converter because it's simply not worth it.

Hey guys, we had the same issue for ages. Finally we found a great Chrome extension that can do just that. 

It's called Table Capture and it provides coping to you clipboard the table data for pasting into Excel or Google Spreadsheet. Very comfortable. 

It's not official Confluence or a plugin, but does a great job non the less.

Yes, that is very neat. It's still just the *table(s)* in a page, but it does it really well. (The original poster wanted a whole page, but that's pretty much nonsense, as the data types are incompatible)

This will save me hours!  thanks!

Thank you very much @Peter Bengov!!!!! Table Capture extension is working for me.

@Peter Bengov : The Table Capture feature you mentioned is awesome!!

Thank you for the suggestion.

Sharat.

1 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 24, 2014

I have created a browser bookmarklet that will allow you to create CSV files from an HTML table. It should work on pretty much any web page ... including Confluence. All you have to do is drag the bookmarklet to your bookmarks toolbar in your browser and then on your Confluence page click the bookmarklet. It will then create a link right before each table on you page that says Export to CSV. If you click that link it will prompt you where to save the CSV file and then you can open it in Excel and do what you want with it.

http://iamdav.in/2014/10/24/bookmarklet-creating-csv-html-table

Yes we can export table to CSV using table filter macro. We have to put the table in the table filter macro then we can export the table to CSV easily.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,902 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you