Expand menu macro does not function inside a tabs page.

ElizabethC March 26, 2019

I created my Tabs container  macro> tabs page macro > Expand macro which has 3 items listed.

This macro works everywhere I have used it, so far, but inside a tabs page, the arrow does not expose the 3 child menu items. 

Is this a broken behavior or just not supported? Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2019

Hi @ElizabethC ,

How are you making your tabs container? Is this an add-on? Expand macro comes with Confluence but I don't see a tabs. 

Another option is to have your admin download the free app Refined Toolkit for Confluence from RefinedWiki.  This came with UI Tabs and UI Expand. These work well together.

a.jpg

In my confluence there is Tabs Container, then inside that you put tabs pages macros, and they become the tabs.  

In this tabs page I am trying to use an expand menu. 

This is what I was doing. 

I will give the Easy Dropdown menu a try! Thanks!ConfluenceTabmenuIssue.JPG

I see I can "request" but as I am not our main space's administrator, (I just have admin rights to child pages) I am not sure how you go about adding this macro to what I see when I do the "Other Macros" option. 

Oh wait I see what happens the site admin gets the request. 

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2019

@ElizabethC ,

The tabs page / tabs container is more than likely an installed macro. You can always ask your admin to open a case with that vendor to address your expand situation.

Also, based on the macro naming, your tabs page should be on the outside with tabs containers on the inside. Give this layout a shot:

Tabs Page

--- Tabs Container

--- --- expand

--- --- expand

--- Tabs Container

--- --- expand

--- --- expand

b.jpg

Again, I don't have this macro, but it sounds like your content (expand macros) would live in the "container".

- Jonathan

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2019

@ElizabethC Interested to know if switching tabs page and container fixed your situation.

- Jonathan

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2019

@ElizabethC ,

I updated the first post. The UI Tabs and UI Expand is from a different vendor. This add-on is free!

- Jonathan

Jacob Meler June 5, 2019

I ran into the same issue, looks like the same vendors as the OP.  It works in the preview, but not when saved.  

Switching the containers and pages layout very much did not work.

1 vote
Sean Dooley March 23, 2020

Try turning off lazy loading.

Tracey Coleman February 18, 2021

I had the same problem ... turning off lazy loading worked, thanks! 

Like Sean Dooley likes this
Jenny Bennion March 16, 2022

This worked for me as well.  Thanks!

Like Sean Dooley likes this
0 votes
James Park November 6, 2021

I do not think Expand can contain tabs by design. I think it should though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events