Exclude a space from confluence daily backup

Santosh Reddy Kunadi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 3, 2014

Currently we are using confluence 5.5 ; Is there any way to exclude a space from daily backup's? For example : we have a load test results space which generates huge amount of data for each run which we donot want to go into the backup area as this increases the backup size.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2014

No, the whole point of the daily backup is that it backs up the whole system.

If you want to drop certain spaces out, you'll need to do some coding to enable a blacklist of data to be ignored during export. Obviously, if you do this, you'll loose all your test data if anything ever goes wrong

Santosh Reddy Kunadi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 4, 2014

Thanks Nic for the reply. By saying 'coding' you are referring to Confluence CLI scripting ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2014

No, I'm referring to you pulling out the internal backup process and rewriting it to enable theses exclusions

But yes, you could try writing your own backup system using the CLI or plugins though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events