Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excerpt include restricted by Permissions

Nikolaus Rieder April 19, 2018

Hello,

I have a little issue with the "Excerpt include" and "Page include" macros.

Currently the function works perfectly well, but as soon as the viewer doesn't have the permissions to view the included page an error will be displayed in it's position.

When using the "Display Site hierarchy" macro you can set the option to include an excerpt and it works just fine. If the user doesn't have the permissions for one of the sites, it won't be displayed in the hierarchy.

I wanted to use the two macros for a singular use-case of the Display Site hierarchy for a specific page, but the issue is that the error will be always displayed, therefor giving a hint about an unviewable page. This is the exact thing I'm trying to avoid.

The site hierarchy is a very great macro, but it lacks the ability to design it's layout, because it only works in an "up-to-down" fashion. I know that I'm able to view a singular Page with the Site hierarchy macro, but that functionality doesn't work once the singular pages I want to display side-by-side are on the same hierarchy level, since I can't say "Display just this page from the hierarchy if you can display it"

Therefor I had hoped by using the Page include macro, I can take the excerpt of another Page and place that where I want to have it, even side by side. But the error message makes it irrelevant to use in my scenario.

Are there any plugins that fix this issue for me? Is this possibly a new feature request?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nikolaus Rieder April 20, 2018

Okay, I found a solution:

Visibility for Confluence (It's free. Yaaay)

Hope that helps for future viewers.

Robert May 24, 2023

It is not free anymore :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events