Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excerpt content no longer appearing

Amy Coleman July 2, 2021

I have a content page with a table of contents I want to appear on another page.  

On the content page, I have an /excerpt and inside a /table of content.  Until recently this was working fine, displaying the TOC on the content page AND displaying the TOC on the other page, where the /excerpt include exists.

Recently it all broke.  Now the table of contents no longer appears on the content page, nor does it appear on the include page.  I've recreated the /except and just put text in there and that showed up on the /excerpt include page but if I build the TOC inside the /excerpt, it no longer appears.  

As I said, it's been working until recently and there are about 10 pages included on the roll-up page, so I'm pretty sure it was a release that broke it.  I do have the "absolute URL" checked on the TOC - is there something else that I should change to make this work again?

Also, when I edit the /excerpt-include the content appears in the preview just as I expect it, but on the page, when published the box is empty.

2 answers

0 votes
Melanie C February 17, 2022

has there been any discovery on this issue. I swear this was working for me some time ago but now it is not.

i.e.

• two column page layout
  • an excerpt macro (excerpt given a name)
  • a toc macro

when published, now does not render the toc.

a excerpt include macro on a second page pointing at this excerpt also does not render the toc.

0 votes
Greg Jewett July 2, 2021

Hmm..  I just replicated what I think you are doing and it worked for me.  I created three pages, in two of them I had some random heads (unique) and created a excerpt with a TOC inside.   One the third page, I used the excerpt-include macro to include the excerpts from the previously two created pages and it worked.  I saw the TOCs from each page.
I will be honest - I was not sure this would work.

So, the fact that it stopped working - could be a number of issues, server issues, configuration, and many other things.   I am not a Confluence admin, so my assistance is limited.

Roger Rodrigo July 6, 2021

Greg, I can't see the content of the Excerpt on the pages that include Excerpt, but I can see the content on the page with excerpt-include macro

Amy Coleman July 7, 2021

Greg,  thank you!  I was optimistic when I read your results so I created new pages, but had the same result. 

I created 1 page and inside the except I put a sentence and a /TOC.  I would have expected both the sentence and TOC to appear when published, but all that appeared was the sentence.  

The sentence also appeared in the except-include, so it seems to have a problem with the macro nested in the macro.  

I do, by the way have the absolute URL checked and this page worked for months without being edited.  :(

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events