Excerpt Include Macro: multiple excerpt in the same page

Gabriele Ientile September 15, 2021

Hi everybody,

I need to insert in a new page some excerpts from my old pages.

The old pages are build as follows: every phrase on the page is an excerpt.

I want to insert in the new page only some excerpts from the old page, but I can't figure how to select which.

Is this possible?

3 answers

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2021

Hi @Gabriele Ientile ,

We can suggest trying our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

It provides the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros that allow you to reuse tabular and non-tabular data.

These macros are an advanced version of the standard Excerpt/Excerpt Include macros: for example, you can give unique names to your Table Excerpts, so while collecting them via the Table Excerpt Include macro you'll be able to select which specific excerpt from which specific old page you want to use.

Hi @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}, ty.  I cannot find this macro in my editor. How is that possible?

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2021

It means that the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app is not installed for your instance - it's a paid addon.

To make sure, you may try to browse for the Table Filter or Pivot Table macros - they are also provided by the app.

Then you may consult your Confluence administrator and ask if it's possible to evaluate the app (you'll get 1 month of a free trial to check filtration, data aggregation and visualisation, table calculations and, of course, your case with excerpts). Then you can decide if you buy the app or not.

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 15, 2021

Hi @Gabriele Ientile

Including the content like this isn't going to work with the Excerpt and Excerpt include macro. This is because there is no way to identify the different excerpts on a page.

As an alternative, you can put each phrase you want to use on an individual page and.use the page include macro. This is the way a lot of people do content reuse in Confluence: https://www.k15t.com/rock-the-docs/documentation-guide/content-reuse

0 votes
Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2021

Hi @Gabriele Ientile , you can also use the excerpt include macro to extract the content from your excerpts from other pages (and spaces). Check the article for more information and pay attention to the spelling if you need to include them from other spaces.

Hi, @Velizar Borisov

thank you for the tip. I need to include the excerpts from other pages in the same space.

I already tried excerpt include, but here is the issue: if there are multiple excerpts on the same page, I cannot choose which one I want to include.

Hope I explained myself this time.

Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2021

Ah, yes. That makes more sense, sorry for the misread. Then I'll look at the other options in the replies, provided by Matt and Katerina.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events