Excel table connected to an automated Form?

Stefan Fricke April 6, 2017

For one of my spaces I would need an Excel table with pre-defined fields that are to be filled out by the users; e.g. for triggering a process. Ideally, I would like to have a form linked to the excel table, where these pre-defined fields have to be filled out and where related files can be attached/uploaded. Once the form has been filled out and submitted, it triggers a new entry in the table and sends out notification email. Important for me is that everything stays inside the secure Confluence environment (which makes e.g. the use google online speadsheets more or less impossible)

Do you have any experience with this kind of setup and any suggestions how this can be implemented?

Thanks bunches for your feedback!

Stefan

2 answers

0 votes
Stefan Fricke April 10, 2017

Is that also available for the Cloud Version? How do you guys use it?

Steffi Frank April 10, 2017

no, only for Server

0 votes
Steffi Frank April 6, 2017

Hi Stefan,

we had a similar request and spent money for a plugin which meets these needs: ConfiForms https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.vertuna.confluence.plugins.confiforms/server/overview (I am NOT an employee of vertuna!) Notifications via mail included...

Let me know if you need more user experience

Steffi

Steffi Frank April 6, 2017

to attach files is possible too

Stefan Fricke April 7, 2017

Thanks so much Steffi!! This looks promising indeed. I will give it a try and test the plugin.

Have a great Friday!

Stefan

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2017

I have also used Confiforms extensively and it is by far the most valuable add-on we have purchased for Confluence. The cost it pretty reasonable too for the value it adds.

Stefan Fricke April 10, 2017

Thanks Davin!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events