Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel attachment is not available in child pages

Jinson AF April 13, 2021

I have an xlsx file attached to one of the parent page of confluence. I want to show different pages of the excel in different child pages. Please let me know how to fix this issue. In excel macro, in page name I have given master page name and the excel is available in File Name dropdown. But when I try to preview i am getting below error. I think excel macro is looking for the file in the child page and not in parent page

Error rendering macro 'viewxls'

The viewfile macro is unable to locate the attachment "5.0 Health Monitor Plan.xlsx" on this page

The version of Confluence is 7.5.2

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

Hi @Jinson AF 

I tried for me and it worked well.

• Do you use a "Worksheet Name"? 
  • Does the error occurs already in the macro preview or only in the page view mode?

Regards, Dominic

Jinson AF April 16, 2021

Thank you very much for your reply

The issue is resolved. Actually the issue was with my parent page name!!

I had a / in my parent page name which was causing issue. Once that is removed the attachment is getting displayed properly

Like Dominic Lagger likes this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2021

Great to hear! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events